forum.venkateswarlu.net
      Register      Login
What is the difference between .rdl and .rdlc?

1 replies to this topic

Jahnavi N #1
164 Points
Posted on 12 Jun 2015 07:36 PM IST Hi,

I want to know the actual difference between .rdl & .rdlc
I know some thing like, when I create a report in Report project using BIDS, then the report extension is .rdl.
Where as creating a report in visual studio web applications, then the report extension is .rdlc.

Can anyone tell the exact difference?

SSRS     2072 views     Reply to this topic
Kamalesh Kumar #2
30 Points
Replied on 18 Feb 2016 02:28 PM IST RDL files ar created by the SQL Server 2005 version of Report Designer. RDLC files ar created by the Visual Studio 2005 version of Report Designer.
RDL and RDLC formats have an equivalent XML schema. However, in RDLC files, some values (such as question text) ar allowed to be empty, which implies that they're not instantly able to be printed to a Report Server. The missing values may be entered by gap the RDLC file victimisation the SQL Server 2005 version of Report Designer. (You need to rename .rdlc to .rdl first.)
RDL files ar absolutely compatible with the ReportViewer management runtime. However, RDL files don't contain some info that the design-time of the ReportViewer management depends on for mechanically generating data-binding code. By manually binding information, RDL files may be employed in the ReportViewer management.
Note that the ReportViewer management doesn't contain any logic for connecting to databases or death penalty queries. By separating out such logic, the ReportViewer has been created compatible with all information sources, as well as non-database information sources. But this suggests that once Associate in Nursing RDL file is employed by the ReportViewer management, the SQL connected info within the RDL file is just unnoticed by the management. it's the host application's responsibility to attach to databases, execute queries and provide information to the ReportViewer management within the sort of din.NET DataTables.I have some working experience to <a href="http://buddycab.in">call taxi in kochi</a> and enjoy to make solution to several technical problems.

Reply to this topic