forum.venkateswarlu.net
      Register      Login
How to remove hyperlinks for data in Excel file?

4 replies to this topic

Jahnavi N #1
164 Points
Posted on 31 Aug 2013 08:56 PM IST I copied some data from website to Excel, and the data contains some hyperlinks. But I don't want links in excel fiel. Please let me know how to remove hyperlinks from Excel file.  
Other     1470 views     Reply to this topic
Subramaniam R #2
152 Points
Replied on 02 Sep 2013 12:05 PM IST

If the hyperlinks are in the same worksheet, you can use the cell format to remove them.

Step 1. Select the range containing hyperlinks you want to remove;

Step 2. Click Home, move to Editing group and click the down arrow next to the Clear button.

Step 3. Choose Clear Hyperlinks. See screenshot:

doc-remove-links-excel

Tip: If you have to remove hyperlinks in different worksheets, repeat the operations again.

Reply to this topic
Subramaniam R #3
152 Points
Replied on 02 Sep 2013 12:06 PM IST Remove multiple hyperlinks in one click

Assuming you are about to remove hyperlinks in multiple worksheets, and not all users are able to using Macro, then an available tool Kutools for Excel will help to remove multiple hyperlinks in one click.

Kutools for Excel: with more than 120 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30days. Get it Now.

After installing Kutools for Excel, apply Delete Hyperlinks according to following steps:

Click Kutools > Editing > Delete Hyperlinks. See screenshot:

Tip: After using the function, there will be a message box popping up to indicate the removing result.

The following example shows how to remove hyperlinks with Kutools for Excel. See screenshot:

doc-remove-links-before

arrow-big

doc-remove-links-result

Reply to this topic
Kamalesh Kumar #4
30 Points
Replied on 18 Feb 2016 02:43 PM IST Tip you'll be able to additionally right-click the cell or object and so click link on the crosscut menu, otherwise you will press CTRL+K. beneath Link to, click Existing File or website. Do one in all the following: to pick out a file, click Current Folder, and so click the file that you simply need to link to. 
Reply to this topic
Jahnavi N #5
164 Points
Replied on 19 Jun 2016 07:40 PM IST Thanks! 
Reply to this topic